Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design

We have been using the Photobucket Plus 500 Plan for twenty four (24) days. Unfortunately the service is not meeting our expectations or requirements.

We have removed all images from Photobucket and will not be using the service moving forward. In an email to Photobucket, we requested that they cancel our Photobucket Plus 500 Plan, delete our Photobucket Account, and kindly issue a partial refund in the amount of $360 for the eleven (11) months of unused service that they charged us for. The plan should cost $39.99 per month, however Photobucket charged us $399.99 for the entire year. Since the service did not meet our expectations, we would like to pay for the one (1) month of service that we did use, and receive a partial refund in the amount of $360 for the eleven (11) months of unused service that they charged us for.

1. Photobucket offered us a subscription service for $39.99 per month and then charged us $399.99 per year, which is an egregious business practice. 2. Photobucket refused to issue a refund for eleven (11) months of unused service, which without a service contract, is an egregious business practice.

Photobucket stated that the service is nonrefundable, which was not disclosed at the point of sale, and is therefore an egregious business practice. Based on this experience, we feel that Photobucket is guilty of holding content hostage, issuing a ransom, extortion, false advertising, fraud, and unethical business practices.

Review about: Photobucket Plus 500 Membership.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Unethical business practices.

Comments

I am outraged!! They did the same thing to me!

I have photos from back in 2005 and I am so mad that they blocked me! I have many duplicate photos that I know I could delete and have plenty of room! And that they won't even give me an option to do that before I have to upgrade is ridiculous!

I did upgrade but only to the $59/yr upgrade and when I finished I went to my email and got a receipt from them saying that they received my pmt and when I went back to log in it was still locked.

It keeps saying that I need to upgrade and that I figure that I need to upgrade to the $399/yr which I will not do!

I should have a choice to delete if I want to and these are MY PHOTOS so I should be able to do what I want.

I want to cancel my account but I am afraid that I will lose older photos that I have on there because its been so long for some of them that Im not sure if I have them anywhere anymore!

They did the same thing to me! I am trying to get my money back after they held my photos hostage and made me pay to get access to them. Not only that, they charged me for a year of subscription and didn’t tell me that until I paid.

I recommend contacting your Credit Card company and requesting that they reverse charges or get involved in a similar fashion

Something is missing here.

39.99 x 12 = 479.88 not 399.99 as per your charge.

Are you sure that you read the sign up forms thoroughly ?

By what method did you pay them ? If it's a credit card, start a dispute.

And start a paper trail. A written demand clearly stating the nature of the problem, a very brief history, and the solution you desire. Be polite and factual.

State that you expect a written reply within 10 days. Keep it to a single sided letter and send it via Certified Mail , return receipt requested. If you're not satisfied with the response or lack of one, you have numerous options after that.

Keep copies of any previous e-mails but don't send any more yourself. Re-read the service agreement.

I may look it up myself ; I'm curious.

You aren't getting anywhere that way. And please, don't sign up for any more extraneous computer based junk.